Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daylight



Here I am waiting
I'll have to leave soon
Why am I holding on?
We knew this day would come
We knew it all along
How did it come so fast?

About a month ago, when I hear this song on radio, I just admire the perfection in Adam Lavine's voice. But now when I listen closely, it reminds me of something. Him.

Its been a few years now. And in the near future, he'll be back to his hometown. After that, I don't know what will happen. We both didn't.

Its not a break up song. Its about someone who wishes for more time to spend with his lover. He wants to cherish every last moment they have together. He has to leave for some apparent reason. And left his beloved behind.

When people ask, how do you know its love, I don't know how to answer. I just feel it, you know. The exhilaration when that person is around you. How much they cross your mind when they're far. How much you miss them even after 5 minutes you say goodbye to each other. How you wish you can be by their side like, forever.

And the other person, he might not be the perfect guy in the world, but for you, there's no comparison. You can line him with others; your best friend, your friendzoned guy friend, your celebrity crush, still, he's the one you want.

All this mushy gushy love thingy, I didn't made it up. I actually feel it. And I know I'll miss him when he's gone back to his home town.

People always say long distance is risky. For some concrete reason, I believe in that too. I actually witnessed many relationship that didn't survive the test of distance. Not to blame anyone, people need companion. But it left a deep scar to the person involved, especially the one who's being left.

Its not that I didn't trust him. To be honest, I didn't trust myself. I know its not wise to reveal such thing here. But its true. I have my reasons.

We can pray. Put faith in Allah. If its meant to be, it'll be, right? I know we're strong enough for any test. Just have to wait for the right time, and Allah's blessing. Insyaallah. :-)




And when the daylight comes I'll have to go 
But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close 
Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own 
But tonight I need to hold you so close 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)