Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Dear Catfish

"Catfish (order Siluriformes) are a very diverse group of bony fish. Named for their prominent barbels, which resemble a cat's whiskers (though not prominent in all members of this order), catfish range in size and behavior from the heaviest, the Mekong giant catfish from Southeast Asia and the longest, the wels catfish of Eurasia, to detritivores (species that eat dead material on the bottom), and even to a tiny parasitic species commonly called the candiru, Vandellia cirrhosa."

Kat rumah aku ada bela ikan. Ada aquarium. Tapi sbnarnye bukan 2 yg aku nak cite kat sini.Dalam aquarium, ade ikan keli, ikan patin, ikan naga n ikan majlis.

One day, I realized that one of the 'kelis' (catfish) is really bloated, like expecting. At first glance, I feel exited since this is the first time I'll see the process of 'pregnancy and laying eggs' of a fish, right in front of my eyes. The same day, I done some research, but the result was really unpromising. They said that it is unusual or nearly impossible [yet still possible] for a catfish to be pregnant in a fish tank.

The 'expecting' catfish

I started to worry about it, but not incredibly worry. I convince myself that it is not happening to my keli. The day after that, this happened :


see the 'red small ball spot' there


look at the skin [or fin], looks like some kind of infection


My mom said she'll ask the person who sells this fish bout the disease, n I really hope the fish could make it till that time.

The fact is, I never feel this way bout fish before. Usually when it died, I like "ohh, a fish died" and move on like nothing happened. But now, I feel sorry for the fish because it looks like the small-red-ball-thingy really hurts. Somebody, who knows anything, please respond to this entry.


Thanks a lot for ur time.

4 comments:

  1. dear...sori 2 hear dat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. cane ngn ikan tu nadia?cian die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. die da mati.. huhu esoknye, tgok2 die da dimakan cket2 oleh ikan majlis.. huwaa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. kenduri sakan lah ikan ikan kau yg lain.
    haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you and have a nice day :)