Sunday, May 29, 2011

127 hours





I just finished watching 127 Hours on the screen of my laptop. Yeah I know its kinda lame, but at least I've watched it.

Watching this movie gives a bump on my head. Like, you know, this Aron guy, I envy him. He has his own patience and can chase it by his own without depending on others. He is an expert on his field. He can help lost people to find their way back.



And unfortunate him, all of sudden his hand stuck under a huge rock. I can't even imagine if it was me. I might be crying by then. Most probably because I am a girl. I don't think I can get through that. I mean, with one hand dying under the rock, can hardly move, have only a bottle of drink to survive for how long, only Allah knows. Even peeing is a problem there.

But Aron, he gets through it. He didn't finish his drink in one sip. He conserved it. He ate things that we can never imagine eating. He ate his contacts. He tried everything. Uses all kind of ropes to move the rock, but none succeeds. The rock's too big and heavy. And he is deserted in a canyon that even crawling creatures wouldn't live in. Imagine that!

While counting the days, all the flashbacks keep coming up. It’s sad because he thought he could never meet his family, his colleague, and his fellows again. He even carves "RIP Aron" there.

Despite all that, finally he takes an alternative to live, which is sacrificing his dead hand under the rock. He cuts his own hand in order to survive. And he made it!

We can see here, in desperate situations we should never give up. If this Aron guy can sacrifice his hands to keep living, don't be afraid to let go the things that keep holding you to the past. Life just doesn’t work that way.  Keep moving on to the future. Sometimes taking a glance at the past could not hurt, but don't be there for too long. There's a lot surprises upon us. We just have to find it. Explore it.

And keep smiling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)