Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The perfect moment

It all starts when I call Nadirah on my 24th birthday, she told me that she want to have a date with me the week after election, so I agree because yeah lets face it, I'm unemployed and I miss that gal. Day after day passed, the week after election have come and she contacted me asking if I'm busy that weekend so I say no. But she's not feeling really well so I tell her to just stay home and rest because I don't want her to be sick and tired at the same time. But she insisted.

There comes the Saturday, we agreed to go out after zuhur prayer. Since she's not feeling really well, we decided to just find any Coffee Bean and have a long overdue chatting. We ordered two frappes, double chocolate for her and mocha chino for me as well as a muffin and chicken pie. The muffin and pie are out of this world, I wish I can make it that yummy. We sit there, have a chat about whats going on our life, of course a couple of juicy gossip about our beloved friends and so on.

After about two hours sitting there, Nad told me that she's in the mood for karaoke, and I, as most of you already know- a karaoke junkie agreed without a doubt. We googled the rate for that hour and shoot to destination and there we go, singing like two little kids just get their new toy; with joy energetically. I have so much fun!

But the fun didn't end there. Nad told me she's meeting Yana that night so I asked if I can tag along because its been a while since I meet that gal. I try to reach her on the day before but she didn't answer. We promise that we'll meet Yana at the destination. So after performing Maghrib prayer, we drove back to Shah Alam to Dataran Kemerdekaan but there's a little too many people there, so Nad decided to move to the field next to it. Then I saw a guy with figure like our friend Aiman and I told Nad
"There they are!"
Its kinda unexpected to see them there; Ba, Aiman, Azri, Sopi, Adib, Bukh. They seem like preparing for a feast with all the foods and drink and I said to myself
"Wow this is rezeki"
I approached Yana and asked her why don't she answer the phone, she told me that she's not aware of her phone at the moment and apologized.

Suddenly they sang "Happy Birthday" and I'm like "Who's bitrthday is it? Oh what a terrible friends I am I don't even know my friend's birthday and don't even bring any present".
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to you~
Happy birthday to Nadiaa~
Happy birthday to you~
Little that I know, it is a surprise birthday party for me. Ahh that mischievous Nad, perfectly planning for all this. I feel a warm sensation in my chest and I feel like crying. This is all very touching and sweet. Like a perfect brownies a'la mode [with ice cream].

Then Yana come closer to me and whisper
"Nadia, look behind"
and there it is, the cherry top of this sweet evening, walking towards me, my snowman.

I try to dial down the feeling to cry so the moment won't be so emotional. I really feel appreciated. I have this wonderful friends around me. I might be the luckiest gal to have you guys as my friends, especially my gal Nad.

I don't need other thing. This is the perfect moment. Right here. I am here, surrounded by my wonderful friends and love.

After that Yana approached me again and told me
"Actually I'm not answering your call because I'm afraid this surprise party will slip from my mouth accidentally"
I don't care. This is amazing.
The cake

I don't need thousands of balloons, a cake from Secret Recipe,
a table full of food, a room full of confetti.






I have all I need; awesome friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)