Sunday, February 3, 2013

The battle

The new drawer has arrived. I have to re-sort my clothes so that it can fit into my drawers. My mom reserves space for my clothes in my brother's room but I think its the best that all of my clothing, or the ones that I actually wear stays in my room. Funny thing about changes, sometimes we thought that things will stay that way forever. You probably already know this but, IT DOESN'T. Drawers breaks, pets die, and people changes.

So I have a pretty dreadful cough for about two weeks now I think. Usually I'm not the type of person who take their drugs right away when they're sick. Not the type that won't eat or drink anything icy when they have a cough. But right now, I'm pretty cautious, which indicates that the cough is kinda bad. Enough on that topic.



It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Cleaning up my room. More to spring cleaning. Getting rid of useless stuff. Making space for stuff that matters. Hey have you heard that if we didn't use something for about two years, we won't use it ever again? Come to think of it, I have like tons of stuffs that I didn't use for years, but hard to let go. Its all memory you know. All the letters from your friends at high school, the handmade birthday cards, the apology card [yeah I kinda like to sulk back then], stuff like that you always wondered, is it worth to provide some space for it or should you just let it go and lock the memory safe in your mind?

Its a pretty true statement that you won't use that stuff again. So why keep it? But for the sake of memories, wouldn't it be better keeping that stuff and reminisce the old times? That is the battle that took take place at almost every spring cleaning I do. A battle between mind and heart. Reserving spaces for memories vs using the space for things that matters. Practicality vs memories. Going back to your past is not a great idea, but once in a while you might need to glance at it so that you can see the great things that keep you going. It is utterly vital though that you don't let the past hold you back.

So people who read this [if only] please help me with this duality. Which one is your choice, memory or practicality?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)