Friday, May 6, 2016

1st Day: Problems with Social media

5 Problems with Social Media


  • Time wasters

Its a well known fact that people spend much time online. With the borderless connection, you can get anything, go anywhere and see whatever with no limit. Social media becomes important to almost everyone, even when people are not posting, they still open the app on their phone to scroll through anyone who does. Sometimes they spend hours just scrolling without doing anything productive. Like literally just scrolling.

  • Unmention-ing, Subtweeting

The well know terms among social media users when someone post something heinous or sarcastic or just "let out their feeling" in social medias, and here's the catch; WITHOUT revealing the other person's name. I just call it chickens. Don't get me wrong, I often do this myself of twitter. I commonly rant about certain stupid driver that cuts the lane, or certain stupid salesperson that is rude to me.

I don't judge, but things like this has consequences. Like, when you go ahead and rant, and the status is about certain person that you actually know and follows you, lets name them X. You went on and on about X on twitter. These are the scenarios that I can think of the outcome from this situation:
    • X notices. X feels guilty and apologizes - This is the most cotton candy outcome from this. Let's face it, life is not a cloud of cotton candy.
    • X notices. X feels angry because you talk bad things about him, then subtweet war begins- Basically the most common outcome from this situation.
    • X notices. X become hurt about the subtweet and decided keep a distance between you guys- Congratulations, you've ruined a friendship!
    • X reads the subtweet but didn't think its about X- This outcome might makes you angrier than before
    • X didn't even notice, but somehow Y reads it and think its about Y- Didn't I tell you this thing has consequences?
    • and the cycle continues

  • Stalkers

Confession: I'm a girl which means that I am a natural born stalker. I actually solve a problem using my stalking skill. I won't bore you with the details but, when something is POSTED ONLINE, sooner or later everyone will know about it. You do know the "private" setting is just an ornament right? How do you think Kim Kardashian get famous?

Thus, if you feel like you don't want people to know, don't post it online EVER. Don't be that dumb and trust the private option.

  • Plagiarism

Most people post online their art; music, videos, poems, beautiful hand painting, photos, books, journals etc. It becomes a problem when some other person "stole" the art and claimed it to be theirs. And worst when they earn money from the art which technically they didn't.

People put  a lot of efford, heart and time into their art, please don't be selfish and just stole it without crediting to them. What do you have to lose if you credit? Maybe nothing for you but everything for them. The thing that you stole might be their livelihood. 

  • Stupid Gossip

I think pretty much everyone knows where I came from here. Sometimes the gossip is utterly ridiculous but people still share it and believe it. There are gossips about certain celebrity, badmouthing certain products [sabotage] and so on. The one that I am a victim of; Islamophobia. I am a Muslim, proud to be one, and insyaallah will always be a believer till the end.

Use you common sense people, there are things that are obviously made up, don't just share it mindlessly. Lets say we spread love instead of hatred, the world will be a better place for everyone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm done for the day. Been a while, so how's my post? 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)