Saturday, May 7, 2016

2: Earliest Memory

Your Earliest Memory


I honestly don't know "earliest memory" is a thing until I watched How I Met Your Mother. I guess its not that big here compared to the States. It comes and go with time. Sorry guys I can't remember any.

I'll tell you a story of mine though. This is based on my mother's story. My late grandpa [my mother's father] comes to our home to do some operation because of his diabetes. He has to get his toes amputated because it has entered a critical stage. After the operation he stayed with us for a couple of months. You know that when people operate, there's wound right? I remember that every day my mom brings my grandpa to the hospital to get the wound dressed. Sometimes I tag along.

The story begins when one day, my mom can't find a nearby parking, so she dropped my grandpa [who sits on a wheelchair] my lil bro and me at the entrance while she search for a parking. Its 1993 mind that I'm about like 4 and my bro is like 2 at the time. She tell me to wait for her there. Being a kid that watches a lot of cartoons, I might have adapted a little and my 4 years old mind has an idea.



So I started to push my grandpa fast towards the doors to the dressing room. It's like a race between me and, I guess my imaginary friend. My lil bro just followed me. Can you imagine for someone who just has his toes amputated, how does my grandpa feels? I can't imagine his face but from what my mother told me, my grandpa tell her that he try to shield his amputated legs from doors by straightening his hand forward to push the doors. Thank God nothing bad happens.

Looking back now, I think its a little bit funny. Little Nadia, you wylie minx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)