Friday, May 20, 2016

9: Ageism

Your feelings on ageism

What the heck is ageism?
"Ageism is stereotyping and discriminating against individuals or groups on the basis of their age"
Okay. Erm. I actually have mixed feelings about this. I'm the type of person that doesn't really care about those things; skin colour, looks, age etc. And I don't really like it if people call me "kak" which means"older sister" in Malay. For me, if you're graceful enough, there's no need to such nickname.

Ageism. Seems like a small issue, but happens everywhere. It even happens when I'm in high school. People try to prove that they are more "senior" than you thus you MUST respect them. Oddly enough in college, it's not a big issue. Everyone is the same. But I heard from my friends, at work, older people crave this "senior respect" thing. It becomes a problem when they want us to listen to them, but they rarely return the favor.

 Age is just a number. Why do I say that? There are old people who act like a teenager. there are teenager mature enough more than an adult could ever be. One's mature-ness shouldn't be judged by their age, but rather by their attitude.

I wish I could write further but I kinda space out and out of points.

See ya later

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you and have a nice day :)